I just needed a CD image convert to ISO format (that's ISO9660)
so I could mount it in VMware Fusion.
Warning: command lines follow.
- Get BinChunker (bchunk) to convert bin/cue to iso. If you don't have a compiler, you can get it prebuilt here: BinChunker for OS X. I was trusting.. it works.
(If you have macports installed, then you can just do 'sudo port install bchunk').
- run bchunk. I will assume you specify full path here or have it on your path:
bchunk -v image.bin image.cue isoFileName
- Done. Mount it in vmware, Virtualbox, or just open the iso file if you want to look at the files (double-click in Finder).
Above is all I need to remember.
Credit to these posts, which go into more depth and alternatives.
Along the way I found some other things.
- 'drutil burn' says it can burn bin/cue files; see the man page.
- Burn can also burn bin/cue files, ISO's, mp3's or audios with CD-Text, and more.
Selectable compression for conversion of videos to DVD format (mp2)--this might let me get more video on a disc?